Tyke, like all other Lacrosse divisions, is based on birth year. For a listing of the registration divisions and their corresponding birth years please check out our registration page here
The Tyke season is set up as follows:
- Tykes have two floor times per week - Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings/afternoons
- Tykes play the cross width of the floor, so two Tyke teams will share every floor time.
- Tyke floor times are split into a 1/2 hour practice followed by a 1/2 hour scrimmage.
- For the 2018 season, Tyke evaluations will be help between April 7 - April 23. Please check back in the new year for an updated schedule.
- The Tyke season runs until mid-June and ends with a city-wide festival with play against other clubs.
- Tykes require full gear. Visual guidelines of gear expectations are available here.
The purpose of Tyke is to introduce, reinforce, emphasize, and develop the fundamental skills of lacrosse. The focus of skill sessions as well as games is to promote an environment that encourages participation, skill development, and overall enjoyment of the game.
Throughout the season, in order to encourage the development of this environment, there will be no standings for Tyke. Please note that although standings are not kept and the score is not recorded standard game results procedures must be followed (ie. sending in the game sheets).
To register, click here.
For more information, please contact the Tyke coordinator, David McMillan at email@example.com