Mini Tyke, like all other Lacrosse divisions, is based on birth year. For a listing of the registration divisions and their corresponding birth years please check out our registration page here
The Mini Tyke season is set up as follows:
- Mini Tykes have two floor times per week - Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings
- Mini Tykes play the cross width of the field, so two Mini Tyke teams will share every floor time.
- Mini Tyke floor times are split into a 1/2 hour practice followed by a 1/2 hour scrimmage.
- For the 2018 Season, Mini Tyke Evaluations will be held April 7 - April 23. Please check back in the new year for an updated schedule.
- The Mini-Tyke season runs until mid-June.
- League play begins the week of April 24, 2018.
- Mini Tykes require full gear. Visual guidelines of gear expectations are available here.
The Mini Tyke program follows the guidelines as set forth by the Canadian Lacrosse Association Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Plan.
The purpose of Mini Tyke is to introduce, emphasize, and develop the fundamental skills of lacrosse. The focus of practices as well as games is to promote an environment that encourages participation, skill development, and overall enjoyment of the game.
Throughout the season, in order to encourage the development of this environment, there will be no standings for Mini Tyke. Please note that although standings are not kept and the score is not recorded standard game results procedures must be followed (ie. sending in the game sheets).
For more information regarding Mini Tyke, please contact Ty Pilson.