Novice, like all other Lacrosse divisions, is based on birth year. For a listing of the registration divisions and their corresponding birth years please check out our registration page here
The Novice season is set up as follows:
- 2018 Evaluations for Novice will take place between March 10 and March 20* Full schedule can be found here.
- Novice players typically play games twice a week throughout the season.
- Game days have yet to be determined for the 2018 Novice Boys season.
- Novice teams can expect to practice each week as well.
- Most Novice teams participate in tournaments throughout the season, tournament participation is determined by each team.
- The Novice season ends at the end of June, with the possibility of tournaments and Provincial competition into the beginning of July.
- Novice players require full gear. A visual representation of required gear can be found here.
*Please note that dates had to be extended due to registration numbers and a need for more floors
The Novice program follows the guidelines as set forth by the Canadian Lacrosse Association Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Plan.
- Regular box rules apply
- Fall back rule is in effect
- Play with the 30-second clock
Within the Novice Boys division there will be like-skilled groupings. For more information please see the CDLA newsletter
. The players will be evaluated to insure they are placed in the correct grouping.
Teams play in a league and league statistics are kept to determine playoff positions. Playoffs are played to determine city champions.